Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 8/17/2012 12:49 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Scott Lurndal wrote:
Tim Daneliuk writes:
On 08/17/2012 11:42 AM, Han wrote:
I don't think that (much as I'd want to) we can overturn the SCOTUS
decision that corporations are people (which I disagree with, as
previously noted, but it is now the law of the land). But it isn't
right that people can freely associate in claok and dagger groups
that don't reveal their identity.
So now you don't think we have a natural right to privacy? I hate to
tell you this, but the cornerstone of any despotic dictatorship is
remove said privacy and thereby force people to either lie or openly
state their opposition to the regime so they can either be
"reeducated"
or "removed". Privacy is pretty important. If you don't think so,
imagine being forced to vote where everyone could see your choices
... say like the pigs in the various unions want...

Absolutely agreed. Too bad that the Bush administration put into
place so many illegal surveillance programs on americans. Not that
the current administration has eliminated them - which is one of the
few things they've done wrong.

Here, here! As republican as I can be at times, that whoe Patriot Act thing
was a legal abomination. Sadly, too many feel good people in this country
fell prey to the impact of 911 and forgot to get up in arms about that
thing.

Probably because it had no noticeable impact on most people.