Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Jack wrote in :

On 8/17/2012 11:19 AM, Han wrote:
Jack wrote in :

On 8/16/2012 7:57 PM, Han wrote:

We disagree, I think. Minimum wage is not pillaging and thieving
but protecting people from abuse by exploiters.

That's what the politicians tell you.

We have a military to protect the country. We all pay for it, huge
amounts at that.

Yes, a primary purpose of government.

But you'd leave the little man to fight for himself, without the
protection of a minimum wage? I think that is icky, with all due
respect for your opinion.

How would you feel about the government mandating a Chevy Volt or
Chevy pickup cost no more than $2,000 so those getting paid minimum
wage can get to work? How about 20 cents a gal for gas, that would
be great, right? Personally, I don't think any teacher should make
more than 10 cents above minimum wage. How the hell can a minimum
wage worker afford to buy a $3000 saw stop. Don't you think he
deserves full protection, so lets mandate saw stop sell for no more
than a Ryobi?

I take it you don't like competition, or do you think it only works
when *you* like the results?

I never said that, as Dave pointed out.

Dave is an idiot at best.

I think a minimu wage is a good idea to set a floor for wages.

The "floor" is meaningless. Water seeks it's own level, government
and it's subjects thinking they can somehow control it to work better
than the free market just doesn't work, and in fact, does exactly the
opposite.

Perhaps that should be $7.50 in Alabama
(just an example - I have almost nothing against Alabama), perhaps
$10 or more in NY & NJ and thereabouts (currently $7.25 in NJ). And
no, the oilcompanies get sufficient subsidy now - no need to give
them more, au contraire.

I think teachers in NY should make 5 cents over minimum wage, and in
Alabama 10 cents. OK wit you?

No

--
Best regards