Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Mike Marlow wrote:
Dave wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:41:36 -0400, Jack
wrote:
How the hell can a minimum wage worker afford
to buy a $3000 saw stop. Don't you think he deserves full
protection, so lets mandate saw stop sell for no more than a Ryobi?

As usual, you take things to the extreme with flights into the
ridiculous. The average work needs the ability to get to his job. He
does NOT need a SawStop.

That's the kind of thinking that I have a problem with Dave. The
statement that the average worker does not need something is a
presumptuous statement. That presumes a level of living upon people. Can't
agree with that.

Responding to my own reply - I see another aspect of your reply Dave. I do
agree (it this is what you meant) that sufficient work can be accomplished
with a lesser tool. Sometimes the way it comes across in usenet is not so
revealing of the original intent.

--

-Mike-