Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Bill wrote:

You'd have to convince me of the societal benefit of having an economy
run purely on the basis of supply and demand versus one that provides
a little for those that have a lot less than enough. Are you willing
to watch people go hungry in the streets in order to maintain the
purity of your religion (S & D)?

Of course. Hunger is a great motivator.

I saw this scenario on a blog, which I'll condense and paraphrase.

While working in my front-lawn flower-bed, my very liberal neighbors passed
by with their 9-year old girl. They stopped to admire the flowers and I
asked the girl "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"President" she replied.

"Oh," said I, "why?"

"Then I could make sure everybody had food and a home," was her heartfelt
answer.

"You don't have to become president to do that. Tell you what: I'll give you
fifty dollars each week to mow my grass and weed the flower beds. Then you
can take the fifty dollars down to the store and give it to somebody that's
hungry and homeless."

She thought for a moment, then said: "Why doesn't the homeless person work
for the fifty dollars himself?"

"Congratulations," I said. "You've just become a conservative."

Her parents became as close to spontaneous human combustion as I've
personally ever witnessed.