Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 08/17/2012 07:56 AM, Dave wrote:
History, especially US employee history, is absolutely rife with
examples of companies taking advantage of their workers.

This is absurd. Unless someone FORCES you to work for them, how
on earth are they "taking advantage" of you? You are the seller
(of labor), the employer is the buyer. Unless one of the two
parties is acting unethically - say the seller doesn't do the work
they're being paid for or the buyer doesn't pay them for work already
done - no one is getting screwed.

It is not taking advantage of anyone to pay them the minimum they
will accept to do the job. For instance, I have my own consulting
business. Rates today are less than half of what they were even
a decade ago. Why? Because the economy is in the tank and there is -
relatively speaking - a far greater supply of people like me than
there is demand. Am I getting screwed when I sell my time for half
of what I used to get? No. I am entering into a transaction of
trade voluntarily under the prevailing market conditions. When
The Worst President In 100 Years is finally kicked out of office,
the economy will start to heal and hourly rates will rise. Will I
then be screwing the buyer, according to your worldview?

You - and people that think like you - need to go start a business
and hire employees - enough employees to have the many lunatic labor
laws kick in. It's the only way you'll get how desperately wrong
you are.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/