Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 08/17/2012 10:12 AM, Han wrote:
Jack wrote in :

On 8/16/2012 3:35 PM, Han wrote:
Also, when
companies pay their CEOs more than they pay in taxes, something is
amiss, I think.

Companies don't pay taxes, people do.

Then companies should not be allowed to make political contributions.

Fine. Then neither should unions, PACs, the AARP, or any other lobbying
group. Similarly, groups like MoveOn, AlterNet, and so forth should
not be permitted to raise funds in support of any political action.
'Sound good to you?

What you're not getting here is that one of our fundamental natural
rights is to "associate" as we wish. Why is OK for an individual
to do something, but not for a bunch of individuals with common
goals and interests to do the same thing? A corporation is not some
faceless entity. It has owners - owners that have a shared set of
economic ambitions and owners that often have to act politically to
support those ambitions. And, BTW, these owners are not typically the
hated eeeeeeeeevil rich people, but more usually they are investment
and retirement institutions working on behalf of millions of the average
folks.

So, the neverending attack on corporations is both morally malignant and
harms the middle and lower classes primarily....

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/