Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default MORE trailer stuff

Pulled the wheel and hub today. Pulled the wires off the harness, and
checked just the two going to one wheel. It had continuity, .03 after
starting off higher. I hooked up a hot (12.5v) battery with jumpers, and
applied to the two pigtails coming out of the magnet. Not a sound. No
movement. Switched wires, and nothing. I did manage to get the two hot
terminal wires together, and the galvanized burned right off, and they
became HOT! instantaneously. I checked with the ohmmeter, on the lowest
scale, and this got a 3.6 on the 200 ohm scale range. I did not try the
other wheel. The shoes looked good, with about 3/16" of shoe left. The
components did not have a lot of brake dust on them, and no really visible
corrosion, rust, or wear.

Just wondering how to get them working without spending more than I can get
out of it. Can you just replace magnets? Is that a good idea? The other
components have little wear.

Steve