Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 8/16/2012 12:33 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

The consequences are all civil, not criminal. For example,
an illegal alien can be deported, but without more cannot be sentenced
to a prison term.

Yes, some crimes are civil, some are criminal, but are crimes by
definition.

Nonsense. There's no such thing as a civil, noncriminal crime. If you
disagree, you can prove me wrong by citing a statute as an example. But
you can't because there isn't one.

I cited the definition of "crime". If you choose to make up your own
definitions, have at it. I'll cite it again for your edification:

crime
noun
1.
an action or an instance of negligence that is deemed injurious to the
public welfare or morals or to the interests of the state and that is
legally prohibited.

Entering the country w/o permission is a misdemeanor (crime) the first
offense, and a felony (crime) thereafter.
--
Jack
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.