Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT A level results and Uni places

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

8

And I did Physics in the 60s. We also had a year of Maths so we could do
the Physics. And that after doing the two Maths at A-level. I think it was
because the Pure Maths A-Level was *too* pure - we did too much geometry
like the 9-point circle that I've never heard of since.

It's also a worry when I recall that Uni was between 5 and 10 times harder
than A-Level.

I did physics in the '70s.
The maths was hard for me.

However despite designing electronic boards, networks, doing software and
firmware I haven't used any maths above what was O'level other than learning
hexadecimal and octal, which isn't really maths anyway.