Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT A level results and Uni places

On 17/08/2012 11:17, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Aug 17, 8:38 am, stuart noble wrote:
Given how the media rules these days, the study of it is bound to become
an important discipline.

There's a big difference though between being Marshall McLuhan and
doing a Meeja Studies degree because you cocked up your A levels and
couldn't get in for accountancy.

There are good and bad courses in all disciplines, and centres of
excellence evolve over time. I can remember when Oxford Poly was THE
place to go for architecture- maybe it still is. I can also remember
when creative writing at East Anglia was a joke, and now I believe it's
damned near impossible to get a place.