Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 16 Aug 2012 15:32:54 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

If people hadn't been living so _far_ above their means in the first
place, the reduction wouldn't hurt nearly as bad and wouldn't cause
many of them to lose their homes, etc.

Yes, and yes. They believed what were essentially slick second hand car
salesmen, both with their extravagant homes and mortgages. The
homeowners and construction workers got punished, but some other equally
guilty ones didn't. Did you read that the higher-ups in MFGlobal were
punished? Not criminally, they weren't. And they were in my opinion
criminally negligent as were many other banking execs, but as my buddy
the ex-New York banking inspector says, there was plausable denial (my
words). No provable offenses. As the Germans used to say "Das habe ich
nicht gewusst".

I also believe that many, if not most, middle management jobs
shouldn't have ever existed, so don't get me started there.

Aw, shucks, really? grin.

It'll hurt, with millions losing their jobs, but we need to shear off
all the unnecessary governmental divisions NOW. Duplication is really
rampant when as many as 30 agencies cover the same tasks. I don't
even want to hear about deficits when they can be immediately reversed
by cutting the minions who spend them. I want to see the US -debt-
start going down and down in my lifetime, please!

I'm with you there. But that is a job for Congress. And you know what?
I'm afraid it'll never happen.

It will, and it won't be pretty. The corrupt gov't is shoving the
American public toward their critical mass with their daily antics,
and some day soon, 300 million Americans are going to melt down and
do something drastic to change all that corruption. Gunner's Great
Cull is inevitable, don't you think? Perhaps not in his described
form, but a 2nd American Revolution is in the air.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.