Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default running water but only an outhouse?

" wrote:

-snip-
I don't see why not. I know of relatively recent
situations where they have municipal water but
folks still have their own septic systems.

Current system in this house-- Got city water in the 80's. No sign
of city sewer. [though they've been talking about widening the state
road in front of the house, for 25 years. When they get around to it,
they'll probably do sewer, too]

Our 'summer camp' when we were growing up was an 18th century
farmhouse. When it was built there was a well dug under the
kitchen, so there was probably a pitcher pump at a sink of some sort.

A 3 hole 'back'-house was built right into the building- beyond the
woodshed. That was one spoiled lady.g

Jim