Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Tim Daneliuk wrote in
:

On 08/16/2012 03:29 PM, Han wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote in news:6c00g9-n1i2.ln1
@ozzie.tundraware.com:

You are not describing a free market. You are describing a fantasy
world in which people get paid what they want irrespective of
market conditions. Why should employees have preferential
treatment over employers. What makes the rights of sellers superior
to that of buyers? You cannot make the moral case for this ...
ever.

I wasn't describing a free market, and I certainly don't call it
moral. Sometimes the real world isn't that moral. And remember,
institutions and corporations are run by people. And in some
instances there is no morally correct accounting done.

That's true, but what you're proposing adds to the pillaging and
thieving. Min wage laws and their many variant cousins effectively use
force to constrain the buyer while giving the seller a benefit they
have not earned. You're solution is thus effectively to increase evil,
not decrease it.

We disagree, I think. Minimum wage is not pillaging and thieving but
protecting people from abuse by exploiters. We have a military to
protect the country. We all pay for it, huge amounts at that. But you'd
leave the little man to fight for himself, without the protection of a
minimum wage? I think that is icky, with all due respect for your
opinion.

--
Best regards
Han