Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 08/16/2012 01:54 PM, Bill wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 08/16/2012 09:56 AM, Han wrote:
SNIP

Opinions versus facts. What I say are my opinions. I think I was paid
what I was worth at most if not all points in my career. I know that
others in similar positions and with similar capabilities were paid less
and others more, but that is besides the point. My point is that many
people in lower positions, tomato pickers, clerks, whatever, are paid
insufficient wages, and yes paying them more would make everything more
expensive. You may or may not agree, but my opinion is that more income
equality would benefit our society.

You're missing the point. Unless force it brought to bear to MAKE you
take a job, you're always "paid what you're worth" because you are
"worth" what the market will bear.

So if there are way more people than jobs. Then a person's worth may be close to negligible

That's right. This is called the law of supply and demand. All min
wage laws do is distort economic feedback and prevent new jobs
from being created.

Tim Daneliuk