Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT A level results and Uni places

On 16/08/2012 22:33, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

F wrote:

On 16/08/2012 17:08 ARWadsworth wrote:
Just heard a lad on the local radio station saying that he got one C
grade and two U grades in his A levels and now cannot go to Uni to

study
Media studies.

Am I the only one that thinks "Poor bugger, you would be going to

Uni if
it was not for that C grade"?
Am I the only one wondering why universities are wasting precious
resources in running Media Studies courses?

Because it's a cash cow with relatively little resources required,
unlike say, practical physics with its clever lecturers and labs, or
computer science with its clever people and labs.

AKA, people who can do sums.

You can manage computer science without doing sums (well not many
anyway) ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.