Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default running water but only an outhouse?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:41:24 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Being such a big country and given that all this
evolved over decades I would expect that there
were a variety of combinations. Nothing says that
one couldn't have added a well pump and tank
for the house without installing toilets, sewer system,
etc.

In the 50's my GF was told he had to have an indoor bathroom. He was
rather hard-headed, so he told them to take a hike so to speak.
Finally he complied and built the bathroom with all fixtures.

Then he told the city: (paraphrased) "Now make me hook it up sum
bitch."

Eventually he did it for family, but hated being told what he had to
do. This all happened when the city boundary moved out into the
county jurisdiction. Then city rules applied.