Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default Dishwasher problems

wrote in message

I have several options.

1. Keep existing machine and call repair guy to fix it. $180 . . .

2. Buy the Miele dishwasher that has the hardwater filter. $1600
installed

3. Water softener for entire house - I think someone told me this costs
around $2000.
Of course I would still have to fix the machine we have now.

Before deciding, get #3 estimates from at least two rival firms
and inspect in detail the guarantees they offer. (Water softeners
were normal in London, UK, when I was a boy. Discerning
householders kept one faucet on hard water for making tea.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs