Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:56:44 +0000, Han wrote:

My point is that many
people in lower positions, tomato pickers, clerks, whatever, are paid
insufficient wages, and yes paying them more would make everything
more expensive. You may or may not agree, but my opinion is that
more income equality would benefit our society.

I've occasionally wondered if it wouldn't be more equitable to pay
workers based on how well they do a job, not on what the job is.

Have you not ever experienced that in your career? That has been the norm
in my career, but I've never worked in a union shop where the opposite
prevails.

There are people who excel in their jobs, whether that be clerks,
engineers, physicians, or dogcatchers. All those jobs are essential.
Maybe the top performers should all be paid the same?

Don't understand why you just applied a contradictory principle. Surely
there will be differentiators - there always are. Stick with your original
thought.

Yeah, I know - it's a utopian fantasy :-).

No - it is the way that the commercial world works in many areas of
employment.

--

-Mike-