Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

" wrote in
:

So you're saying that *NONE* of the children in that school get an
education? I'd say it's time to close it down. Here they have a thing
called "charter schools". Perhaps it's time for a rich Northern state
like New Jersey to learn from the poor South.

This is the poor North we are talking about. Where the state has taken
some jurisdiction over some school districts.
In Paterson they are called academies. This is what Paterson did, as I
understand it. They closed the school. Then they open the "academies"
(maybe next to a "regular" school) and select from the fired teachers (I
believe just about all were RIF'ed) who will be rehired and get which
kind of kids for which subject. Of course all in the same old building,
with new signs, probably also more administrators.

My SIL did well, some other teachers not so. He seems appreciated by the
alumni who took his lessons to heart. I am confident he teaches math,
manners and demeanor equally well; he is the kind of guy who can wear a
T-shirt declaiming "Sarcasm, just another service we offer".

--
Best regards
Han