Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 8/16/2012 8:42 AM, Jack wrote:
On 8/15/2012 2:10 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 8/15/2012 6:13 AM, Jack wrote:
On 8/14/2012 7:49 PM, HeyBub wrote:
It is a federal crime for a non-citizen to vote for a federal office.

It's a federal crime to break into our country and be here illegally,
and the Feds ignore that crime as well...

I've read the federal statute. It is not a crime to enter the country
illegally.

It is illegal (legally prohibited, a crime) to enter the country
illegally. The first offense is a misdemeanor the first time and no
jury trial is needed, but is a crime and the criminal is supposed to
be deported. The feds ignore that crime. The second offense is a
felony, and the criminal can go to jail.

Please cite the federal statute making it a crime.

The federal government is ignoring most all crimes related to illegal
entry, and they are ignoring it hoping to garner votes to keep their
sorry asses in power, the same reason the ignore voter fraud. Obummer
is not alone, although his audacity is no less than spectacular.

The consequences are all civil, not criminal. For example,
an illegal alien can be deported, but without more cannot be sentenced
to a prison term.

Yes, some crimes are civil, some are criminal, but are crimes by
definition.

Nonsense. There's no such thing as a civil, noncriminal crime. If you
disagree, you can prove me wrong by citing a statute as an example. But
you can't because there isn't one.