Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default FEMA blocks the tankers

On Aug 7, 4:26*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's extremely likely that those who shun the military would also be
adverse to hard work, so your idea - a good one in theory - would
wither from lack of participation.

A lot of people young and old joined The Peace Corps because they
wanted to help their fellow man not kill him and blow things up.

Or they wanted sex with the indigenous people.

We have an incredible military maned by some of the finest folks
you would ever want to meet but their mission is to kill the enemy
if necessary. There are people who want to serve their country in
some capacity but don't care for death and destruction but have a
moral compass that steers in another direction.

Huh? I'd be surprised. Very surprised. There are any number of jobs where
one "can serve his country."
* Teacher
* Nurse
* Legal representative for the downtrodden
* Public health worker
* Abused child mentor
etc.

There are also those
like me who tried to join the military but were disqualified on
medical grounds.
Because someone is a conscientious objector doesn't
mean they're a lazy slacker. I do believe a lot of military medics
became medics because of their religious beliefs and I doubt if any
of them were lazy cowards. ^_^

There is no longer such a thing as a "conscientious objector."

Today medics and Marine corpsmen are volunteers. Unlike in WWII, today's
medics also carry arms, must qualify in their use, and kill the enemy if
they get the chance.

And the enemy loves to kill them...medics make easy targets.

TMT