Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Just Wondering wrote:
On 8/15/2012 12:22 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

'Course, I also believe that folks on unemployment should be given
only a limited time of being able to turn down jobs not in their
particular line of expertise.

Either you don't know a damned thing about unemployment, or things
must run very differently out there than they do here in NY.

After 6 months (or less?), they should
be required take any job they might qualify for (a couple days
training or less?) to get off the unemployment roles. Unlimited
unemployment checks breed worse things. Get 'em off their asses!

Yeah - sounds good to spout that kind of **** when you are talking
about other people. You are being an ass Larry.

What is your proposal? Do you have some other means to induce those
folk to find productive work? If so, how would you do it? If not, do
you propose to force Larry and me through our taxes to support those
people indefinitely while they sit home and watch TV all day?

You and Larry? I pay those same taxes so I am as burdened by it as you. It
is easy to say that someone else should take any job at any pay rate, when
you are talking about someone else. Even easier when one says that from a
position where they are comfortable with what they are earning. That
however, does not take into consideration the very real financial needs of
people. There are tens of thousands of people who are out there looking for
any kind of decent work after having lost good paying jobs. People at all
levels. To just say they should take any minumum wage job is a bit
presumptuous. Sit home and watch TV all day? I'm sure there is some
percentage of the unemployed population that does just that, but there is a
huge population of unemployed who were very successful, contributing members
of society. Do you really understand what the unemployed roles even look
like today?

--

-Mike-