Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.pets.cats.community
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fences - Cats - DIY

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Last night I watched my cat stalk something in the woods for about 10
minutes until it must have flown/scampered away.

After 10 minutes of crouching down and stealthily walking towards the
woods, she just sat up and started cleaning herself, like "Yep, that's
all I came out here for. Hunting something? No, not me. Just walked
over here to lick my paws, yep, that's all."

Not long ago I saw a study reporting that feral cats (and I presume tame
ones) catch their prey every third pounce. Just imagine, only three leaps
away from a snack (lizard, bird, frog, grasshopper, mouse, mole, moth, baby
anything, and thousands of specific prey - not including opossums).