Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem,misc.consumers.house,alt.construction
Gas Bag Gas Bag is offline

Default Tiles - anti-slip - DIY products?

I live in Australia, and I've got some slippery ceramic tiles in my
bathroom and shower, and I'm sick of using the shower mat because it
causes mould. I've been looking at these various types of non-slip
treatments about, and there are so many to choose from, I don't know
which is best. When I made some phone calls, most companies offer an
anti-slip service for your tiles, not a DIY product. From what I've
found, most of these anti-slip products are made from some type of
acid or another which mildly etches the surface of the tile, creating
a very slightly rough surface. Can anyone offer any advice as to
which type of acid or product is best? Ideally, I'd like to know what
specific acid/active ingredient is best, which I can then source. The
whole idea is to minimise the cost.