Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Pre paid phones

On 2012-08-15, Bob(but not THAT Bob) wrote:

And the unused minutes just add up.

Yep.

I remember when I first got one, about 4 yrs ago, they would subtract
mins after a certain amount of time passed if you didn't use them.
That's no longer the case. I've accumutlated up to 5 hrs of time by
only buying minimum time cards over a couple yrs.

I recently upgraded to an entry level smart phone fer a mere $20.
Texting, pictures, qwerty keyboard, etc. It will even send pics to my
email and access the internet!! I was amazed. We then had a power
outaged during the big fires in CO and I hadda use the tracfone to
call family in CA. 4 hrs gone. So, I bought double time mins --10
hrs-- fer $60. That's 10¢ min.

More retirees around here --who have no interest in yakkin' on a
cellphone all day-- have a cheapo tracfon for emergency, than any
other brand of cellphone. And you can get time cards in almost every
store on the planet. I think it's much easier to jes call 'em and
order more time on the phone. Less hassle and works quicker. I
rarely use my cell phone, but it's good to have, jes in case. Plus,
tracfon has had plenty of time to work out the bugs. It's a very
reliable product.

I realize this sounds like a huge plug for a cellphone product, but
that's cuz it is. I seldom shill for a anything, but I recommend
tracfon unreservedly. 'nuff said.

nb

--
Definition of objectivism: