Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Romney picks Ryan

Sherlock.Homes wrote:
On 8/14/2012 7:29 AM, HeyBub wrote:

great. you've ryaned me with useless numbers that in no way change
the point I was trying to make

Oh, but the numbers I mentioned are more germane than you wish.

"Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus," False in one, false in all.

So when you wrote on Tuesday Aug 14th at 10:52 that "Romeny (sic)
provided 28 years of tax returns" when the real number is 23*, you
were proving that everything you write is false. When you act like a
blowhard mate, you make it so damn easy to knock the wind out of your
sails. Zing! Payback is a real bitch.

Suppose you were trying to make the point that Paul Ryan does not
possess traditional American values. Suppose further that in trying
to make that claim, you mention he's really an alien from another
planet and has "Soup is Good Food" tattooed on his forehead.

Who would take you seriously?

Look around and ask yourself you takes YOU seriously when you lecture
people not to do exactly what you do?

Lesson is, even when mentioning points not essential to your
argument, it is prudent to be as accurate as possible.

Great advice. Now if you would only practice what you preach!

For the record a LOT more than 536 or 700 people work in Congress:

In the year 2000, there were approximately 11,692 personal staff,
2,492 committee staff, 274 leadership staff, 5,034 institutional
staff, and 3,500 GAO employees, 747 CRS employees, and 232 CBO
employees.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_staff

I made a typographical error, for which I apologized.

I know there are a lot more people who work in the legislative branch than
just the members of Congress: Once upon a time I was an Administrative
Assistant to a U.S. Senator. There are also more entities in the legislative
branch than were part of your tabulation. The Library of Congress, Architect
of the Capitol, the US Botanic Garden, and more. But your point is well
taken.