Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Things sometimes come back around...

On 8/14/2012 5:10 PM, Richard wrote:
On 8/14/2012 2:42 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
A long time ago, I sold a Craftsman 8" tablesaw to a friend for a
song. It
was a saw that my dad had bought when he was building our house, and
it had
made its way to my garage over the years. I had always regretted
selling it
instead of just giving it to my own son. Well... said friend is in the
process of divorcing his wife and preparing to clear out of Dodge. In
conversation with him, I offered to buy the saw back for whatever
price he
wanted - just because I wanted to pass it on to my son. Low and
behold, he
says "No Way!" - "I'll just load the saw into my truck and take it
over and
give it to your son - that's how it should be".

I know - it's kind of a dumb little story, but it's pretty big for me.

Karma is never dumb, Mike.

"Things have a way of working out right".

Many years ago my Dad bought a 12 foot Shasta Travel trailer. After
using it for several years he sold it and bought a larger one.

About 8 years later his brother invited him to come up and see his "new"
trailer. We do not know where the trailer had been during those 8 years
but when we arrived at his brothers there it was in his drive.