Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Things sometimes come back around...

-MIKE- wrote:
On 8/14/12 2:42 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
A long time ago, I sold a Craftsman 8" tablesaw to a friend for a
song. It was a saw that my dad had bought when he was building our
house, and it had made its way to my garage over the years. I had
always regretted selling it instead of just giving it to my own son.
Well... said friend is in the process of divorcing his wife and
preparing to clear out of Dodge. In conversation with him, I
offered to buy the saw back for whatever price he wanted - just
because I wanted to pass it on to my son. Low and behold, he says
"No Way!" - "I'll just load the saw into my truck and take it over
and give it to your son - that's how it should be". I know - it's kind of
a dumb little story, but it's pretty big for
me.

Not dumb at all... touching.... but in my sitcom brain I can't help
but get a chuckle out of your last quote... "I'll just load the saw
into my truck and take it over and give it to your son - that's how
it should be"
Nothing cements the father-son relationship like the time honored
tradition of having your newly divorced buddy deliver your long lost
table saw to your son's place as he's hightailing it out of town to
avoid his ex-wife's layers. That could be on a greeting card! :-)

I know! There is something not-quite-right about the whole thing, isn't
there? Oh well - I'm not going to question it. I never should have sold
the saw and should have given it to my son, and I'm just happy that it's all
working out now.

--

-Mike-