Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default How to operate a Bobcat S300

"Ignoramus15998" wrote in message
On 2012-08-13, ATP wrote:

"Ignoramus15998" wrote in message
Everything worked out great, I drove it on, drove it off, etc. I have
a few projects near my warehouse, such as gravel road regrading, fill
potholes, replace asphalt with concrete etc. I will use this bobcat,
and then, eventually will sell it.

Ig, when you are doing final grading in reverse with the bucket tilted as
rake, push the left pedal all the way down until it clicks and stays down
and engage "float" mode. The arms will float and will not go up and down
as
the grade changes. At that point you're only working with the weight of
the
bucket and arms so you can't move as much material but it will smooth out
better.

Thanks, this is great. Do you know what the little switches on the
joysticks do?

They operate auxiliary hydraulics, for example a snowblower or the optional
Quick-tach system that pulls the pins in and out hydraulically. Also the
fast transport mode if so equipped.