Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_6_] Gunner[_6_] is offline

Default DRO repair

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:35:19 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I also should have asked about filtering the power to the unit. We are
at the end of the line and get a lot of crap in our power and we run a
big spot welder that noticeably dims the lights on cycle. How about a
UPS on the DRO?

Most cheap UPS's are not on-line, meaning they only cut in the inverter
when the power completely fails. They have little filtering or
surge suppression when the average voltage is normal. A surge
suppressor might be a better choice, but most of those are
really poor, too.

Jon

So get a good UPS..Crom knows they are all over the place in surplus
outlets

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper