Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DRO repair

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:51:54 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 8/13/2012 2:36 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
My "UNIQ" 2-axis DRO display has failed. The vendor says the power supply
is bad and can't get a replacement. They have offered a direct replacement
"UNIQ" for $295 or a "JENIX" display for $200.

I have asked them to return the unit. Does anyone know anything about
these? Would the PS be fairly easy to repair? I'll know more when I get it
back and apart.

I also should have asked about filtering the power to the unit. We are
at the end of the line and get a lot of crap in our power and we run a
big spot welder that noticeably dims the lights on cycle. How about a
UPS on the DRO?

I put a UPS on the complete"computer" on the big CNC lathe at a
clients - as well as on the mill. Solved a lot of issues.