Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:04:45 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

In my view, gun ownership is much like the guarantee of being
provided a lawyer if you cannot afford one. That is, if you cannot
afford to buy a reliable firearm, the government should make one
available at no charge.

You want one the day after you're mugged?

Uh, not exactly. I want one prior to the attempted mugging.

Well, you suggested that government could help.

No, I take the position that the government SHOULD help. Look, for the
criminals, the government provides legal counsel every time they're arrested
at an average cost of, oh, say $2,000. Many of these dudes get arrested
dozens of times.

Providing a gun one-time would only be $400 or so. Then the people with new,
serviceable firearms, could kill a great number of the aforementioned.

Seems like a bargain compared.