Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default headlamp as light source for repair project

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:25:35 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Oren wrote:

-snip-
The last time I used a headlamp, they still had those huge 9V single
batteries that sat in a pouch on your belt. Many years ago. The new
type do have a purpose.

This one
http://www.amazon.com/Camping-Hiking...dp/B004NK6Q7Y/
replaced a carbide light that I hadn't used since my coon hunting
days.

Never owned a battery on a belt light.

Jim

The old huge 9V battery types were used in the 50's and 60's. They
were used to spot bull frogs and alligators at night. Great for
giggin' frogs and being able to tell if what you spotted was a gator
or not. The eye colors were different under the shining light.