Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faster blower for furnace/AC?

On Aug 13, 6:29*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The often neglected aspect of low air flow, is return air ducts. Often under
sized.

With 5.5 tons for 4000 sq feet, seems like it ought to cool. Please have a
HVAC pro come out. He should clean the outdoor units with foaming chemicals,
run till they dry and then check the freon. And a few other checks. If your
system needs maint, you may have 5.5 tons of equipment, but not be getting
that much cooling.

I worked on a house, couple years ago. The guy was stuck on "if it's got 3.5
tons and not cooling, we need 5 tons or six". Several lack of maint problems
were there, and *he was getting nearly no cooling. I repaired the system,
and life improved a lot. SWMBO was pleased, too.

All that is good, but if there is very limited air coming
out of most of the registers, not just very little cold
air, but very little air period, then I don't see how anything
maintenance related is going to do squat. It has an
electrostatic type filter and it's clean.