Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

Doug wrote:

A bit harsh don't you think? Why are the gun advocates so worked
up? I think its clear to me, based on the number of killings, there
needs to be better gun laws.

Just like any other constitutional right, occasional tragedies are the price
we as a society must pay to recognize and support that right. I submit that
the publication of vicious tracts (freedom of the press) may have engendered
more violence than guns. I submit that unfettered utterances from the pulpit
(freedom of religion) may have caused more deaths than guns. I submit that
inflammatory rhetoric at a public gathering (peaceable(?) assembly) has
fostered more mob violence than guns.

Would you support Draconian restrictions on the subjects of other
amendments?

I laugh at all
the so called pro gun people who claim to know their rights. What
about the rights of the majority of people who do not have a gun?

Uh, you have a right not to have a gun. In fact, I'll wager you're
exercising that right this very moment. What's the controversy?