Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default Pre paid phones

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I would like to get a phone for emergency and short important calls.
Any agreement on what the cheapest cost option is?

Depends on where you live/travel.

We use pagepluscellular.com which is a reseller on the Verizon back bone.
(not 100% coverage everywhere Verizon goes). You can also get 2000 min per
year for $80 bucks.

You can buy $10 (100 min.) every 120 days (not 4 months but 120 days) and
roll over the min.

Wife and I have one each and our service cost run ~ $15/ month. We also
have one phone in each vehicle ($10 ever 120days) just incase of emergency
or if we have the grand kids and need to track them when we're out and
about.

Page plus will use almost any Verizon phone. Can be had on freecycle.org or
craigslist for cheap.