Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default 97 Aerostar running hot

On Aug 13, 10:56*am, "Guv Bob"
wrote:
OK, back to the beast again. *On the road, temperature is just slightly above mid-range, where it has always been. * When stopped with engine idling, the temp slowly increases. * If I set for more than a few minutes, it approaches max full scale. * When I drive off, it comes back to normal..

Another symptom - that may or may not be normal or related - is when I start up cold, it takes a good 10 minutes to come up to temperature. *Other car takes about 2 minutes.

R/R fan clutch -- *no change.

Do you see the fan spinning?

What happens if you turn the heat on while you idle?