Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default What is this sort of hinge called? (used to be used on kitchen cabinets among other things)

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:03:10 +0100, wrote:

I'm looking for hinges used on cabinet doors where the hinge pin is
visible on the outside, since the hinge pin is in this position the
door can be opened a full 180 degrees. Sometimes (the old kitchen
cabinet version) the hinge pin is a minimal support, in other cases
there is a 'normal' long hinge pin and it is made decorative.

What are these hinges called and where might I find some small[ish]
ones I can use on doors which are only 10mm or so thick?

Cranked hinge / double-cranked hinge?
See
http://tinyurl.com/crgqk4x and scroll down

--