Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Useless group - M Bench 2.JPG (1/1)

On 08/12/2012 07:11 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

In a normal group links to pictures quite often stay with the
discussion so you can get an idea about whats being discussed, but
not here , the pic disappears and only the discussion is left.

The difference is that in a group like this, the pictures are not
links, they are actual attachments to the original post. Replies to
that original post do not include the attachements in order to keep
space requirements under control. You can set your news reader to
show previously read posts (which typically don't show up again
after they've been read), to see the original post and its attached
pictures.
The trouble is that I have only once read a picture with a post a long
time ago so they must disappear without me reading them (I have not
set my reader to not display posts after reading with this group)

Weird - might be a setting in your reader to expire posts after a
period of
time - likely too short a period of time.

Does not do it wit any other group.

Message retention varies with different usenet providers. IIRC, posts
here persist for a month w/mine. There's also a view setting in my
reader that lets me see all posts or just unread. I can toggle it on or
off. If I set it to all, the posts that I read previously will reappear.

I also have a setting for how long to retain posts in my reader
(Thunderbird) I think but I've never played w/it.

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska