Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Pre paid phones

On 8/13/2012 2:39 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I would like to get a phone for emergency and short important calls.
Any agreement on what the cheapest cost option is?

I use Tracfone:

http://www.tracfone.com/?lang=en

A year's service, maybe ~600 minutes, is $99. Not cheap minutes but any
remaining minutes with renewed purchase are rolled over and you don't
lose them. You can buy Tracfones all over and re-up minutes on line.

My wife had the phone, which I would sometimes borrow if I was out
hunting but gave it to me when a son put her on his family plan.

You have to buy the phone but can get a serviceable one for less than
$20. I had to do this this year as original phone about 10 years old
was getting long in the tooth.

They piggyback the other carriers so you will get service wherever there
is service.