Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Room Air Conditioners

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:35:58 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

My electric bill, after paying $150 for the window unit at Walmart
and installing it in a bedroom window, went from $240 in July to $80
in August. I consider that a big savings. Your situation, of course,
will be different.

If you like to be holed up in one room for months, sure I guess you
can save some money. Why not just get an efficiency apartment?
You'll save a ton more.

About the only time I'm in the house portion of my duplex is for lunch and
to sleep. I spend most of my waking hours in the office side (where the
electric bill has exceeded $400 every once in a while).

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that it's cheaper to cool one room than an entire
house. Seems like you need a bigger office and smaller apartment.

But it's true I don't get out much.