Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] fred.flintstone@thecave.com is offline

Default headlamp as light source for repair project

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 07:53:43 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

Seems like when I'm under a sink, etc., I always need a small light and never have a free hand.

Holding a small LED flashlight in the mouth works, but isn't ideal.

Would a small headlamp be an improvement? Or would I never have my head facing quite the right
direction? Have any of you tried it?

Yes, they work and work quite well. The better ones can be adjusted for
angle. They used to be costly, but today you can buy them for around
$10 at Walmart and other places. They use LED lights so the batteries
last a long time. They're definitely worth the price. They are handy
when you have to do outdoor work at night too. For example, you cant
carry in too much firewood when you have a flashlight in one hand, so
USE YOUR HEAD (for the light).