Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 20:42:42 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

In my view, gun ownership is much like the guarantee of being provided a
lawyer if you cannot afford one. That is, if you cannot afford to buy a
reliable firearm, the government should make one available at no charge.

I can't say lf it stills holds true today, but I know of instances
where a government agency could issue a gun to an employee for
personal protection. If the employee received a "reliable and
credible threat" against their life that was work related, the Warden
had the authority to issue a weapon for personal carry. Don't recall
it ever happening, but the policy was there to do so.