Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default DRO repair

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:36:32 -0400, "Tom Gardner" wrote:

My "UNIQ" 2-axis DRO display has failed. The vendor says the power supply
is bad and can't get a replacement. They have offered a direct replacement
"UNIQ" for $295 or a "JENIX" display for $200.

I have asked them to return the unit. Does anyone know anything about
these? Would the PS be fairly easy to repair? I'll know more when I get it
back and apart.

Tom:-

Probably pretty easy to repair unless a custom transformer is burned
up. If it don't smell of smoke, it ain't irreparably broke.