Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default OT Olympic football

On Sunday, August 5, 2012 4:32:06 PM UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 15:28:42 +0100, Andy Cap

wrote:

On 05/08/12 14:25, geoff wrote:

Seen elsewhere, but worth posting here just in case we forget REAL

achievement, tomorrow, hopefully ...

No doubt some of the scientists involved are football fans too! ;-)

If anything, watching other countries demonstrates how over-rated our

players are. The passing and in particularly the movement of most of

them, is far superior.

On that though (and especially football), I wonder what percentage of

people (typically men, I don't think women would be expected ..) put

on a bit of interest in football when they really have little / none?

It can be awkward ... people asking 'if you watched the game' or

'didn't they do well last night' assuming you would be interested when

the likes of me has no idea who 'they' might be. I know many people

are keen to 'fit in' and I'm sure doing so could even be important in

some business circles?

(And it's not just football of course).

Oh no, in a minute you'll be saying you don't like the taste of beer ...
Simon.