Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

Ashton Crusher wrote:

I live in a very liberal (in the proper sense of the word) state (AZ)
when it comes to guns. Yet even here it's impossible for me to
LEGALLY just strap on a concealed weapon and go about my daily
business without constant worry about breaking one of the 20,000 gun
laws. So I don't generally carry. Of course, the criminals have no
such worry.

Where'd you get that idea? Arizona is an "Open Carry" state. Subject to some
restrictions, you may strap on your hog-leg and meander unmolested just
about anywhere.

See:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...pen-Carry-Laws

for a summary and directions elsewhere.

We need laws that say I can carry my frigging gun ANYWHERE I want as
long as I'm not a prohibited possessor. I shouldn't have to leave it
behind to go in a restaurant just because the owner has a fear of
guns. We don't let them keep out Muslims because they have a fear of
Muslim people!

Ah, the eternal debate between gun carry and private property rights. We
mostly solved that in Texas by allowing private property owners (bars,
churches, auto repair shops, etc.) to post a sign. But here's the trick: The
sign must carry specific statutory language:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to
carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Article 4413(29ee),
Revised Statutes (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a
concealed handgun"

The sign must also have the same wording in Spanish, be in letters 1" or
more in height, and displayed near every door to the establishment. The
sign, when all this is done, will be about 2x3 feet in size. As it turns
out, about six places in the entire state have gone to the trouble...