Robert Galloway

Default router dovetail jig

I've had Leigh jig for about ten years. First time I tried it on
plywood, it lead to my learning to hand cut dovetails. I guess I owe it
something for that. Now I've learned that for many woods, backer boards
are essential. Otherwise, I like the thing and it's versatile. No regrets.

rhg

Never Enough Money wrote:
Found a pretty good comparison of dovetail jigs...

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/dtshoot-1.htm

There's a summary at the very end of each....

Tim Daneliuk wrote in message ...

Steve wrote:

just purchased a router. are dovetail jigs worth the money? is any
brand in particular better than the other, or can i just buy any jig off
ebay? Thanks for any advice.

I would seriously consider an Incra Jig. I have used one for years now
and am _very_ happy with it. It not only can cut dovetails of all
the usual (and unusual!) varieties, but also box and other decorative
joints. It also serves as a precision routing/cutting fence with
just amazing repeatability. I got mine at a WWing show with all the
accessories and doodahs...

http://woodpeck.com/wonderfenceultra.html