Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

Oren wrote:

Ok, I do mean ....I'm not against our population having guns just not
all. Perhaps my words yesterday failed to convey my meaning in text
as I truly meant it. Honestly I think you already knew where I stand
from previous posts but ok for pointing it out.

So you finally acknowledge a person has a "right" to own at gun, while
at the same time wanting more "regulations". Got it.

More regulation will not solve gun problems. If you want to solve
crime, just repeal all the criminal laws. Then there will be no more
crime. See how easy that was?

The gun debate comes down, mostly, to those who fear criminals more than
guns vs. those who are phobic over guns but think criminals are just part of
life.

To illustrate how the fear of guns is irrational, the anti-gunners would
prefer all the guns in the country to be confiscated. By eliminating guns,
they reckon, gun crime would be eliminated. The idea of eliminating guns is
irrational and certainly impractical.

One hundred and ten million people own, it is estimated, 240 million guns*.
How much effort and expense would it take to attempt the roundup? In most
states, there is no record of who owns what.

Then there's the cost. Presumably, the government would compensate those
whose guns were confiscated. Let's see: 240,000,000 x $400 = about $96
billion. And that's not chump change.

* Gun owership is like having cats. Many owners, if not most, have more than
one. I, personally, have five handguns (and four cats).