Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to operate a Bobcat S300

Ignoramus26166 fired this volley
in :

Need to know by Monday, we need to figure out enough about it to drive
a Bobcat S300 on a trailer. I looked up online and found only junk and
webspams.

Brace your arms against your ribcage if you're a beginner, lest you get
into P.I.O. I don't like the two-lever Bobcat controls. The joystick on
ASV or CAT (with ASV controls) is like a second set of hands, but a lot
of folks (including experienced operators) can get into oscillations with
the BobCat two-lever system. I've had two experienced contractors (one
of whom does nothing _but_ run his BobCat commercially) dump traditional
BobCats on my property -- one in the front ditch, and one in the pond.

OTOH, I just love my two-lever Scag mower, so I think it has more to do
with relative "wheelbase" and center of gravity.

LLoyd