Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Room Air Conditioners

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I agree there's a point of diminishing returns involving the number
of window units and overall cost. With one bedroom, the scale, in my
view, clearly tilts toward the single window unit for sleeping. With
FOUR window units, the scale probably tilts the other direction.

When I lived in Vermont, we had two through the wall (one 2T and one
9000BTU). We didn't use them much but a cool bedroom is a must for
us. We now have two central units (in each house). Each of them
larger than the biggest we had in VT. OTOH, we pay significantly
less for heat/AC. ;-)

Unless, of course, they stay OFF and are only used when the kids
visit.

Ours run continuously from June-September and December-March.

My electric bill, after paying $150 for the window unit at Walmart and
installing it in a bedroom window, went from $240 in July to $80 in August.
I consider that a big savings. Your situation, of course, will be different.